MLS mock draft 2017: Jeremy Ebobisse the clear top prospect, but it’s messy afterwards
On paper, this is one of the better MLS SuperDraft classes of recent years, with solid talent all over the pitch.
The 2017 MLS Draft is on Friday, and SB Nation is back with its annual mock draft to get you ready for the real thing. Now in its seventh consecutive year, the SB Nation mock draft brings together contributors from each of the network’s MLS blogs to select players for their respective teams.
What were the picks in 2017’s mock draft? Full results from the first two rounds are below. Head over to each site to find more coverage on the draft and general coverage of every team in the league.
1 Minnesota United: Jeremy Ebobisse (F, Duke)
The obvious pick. Jeremy Ebobisse is, in our minds, the best player available in the draft and had to be No. 1. Yes, MNUFC just signed Christian Ramirez and Miguel Ibarra, but we feel that was even more reason to take “Ebo.” It puts less responsibility on him to produce as a rookie. – Nate Siems, E Pluribus Loonum
2. Atlanta United: Miles Robinson (D, Syracuse)
A center-back who can play in a possession style is a perfect fit for Tata Martino’s system. He Click for Full Story
- Minor league outfielders’ unfortunate collision results in hilarious home run
- Charles Oliveira wants to go back to featherweight, but open to fights at lightweight
- Peter Sobotta disses Emil Meek after UFC Stockholm win: ‘I want to fight real fighters, not clowns’
- Fernando Alonso didn’t win the Indianapolis 500, but he won the day